The Midland Counties is keen to ensure that the Derby Runner Midland Road Relays to be held in Sutton Park on Saturday 25th September 2021 is not an event which contributes to the spread of Covid. With this in mind, all athletes, officials and spectators are requested to:
1. Take a lateral flow test prior to attending the Road Relays to check that they are not Covid positive. (Tests are available free of charge from Lloyds Pharmacies and online via the NHS App). Anyone testing positive must stay at home and self-isolate.
2. Take a lateral flow test after the event to check that they did not become Covid positive whilst attending the event.
3. Arrive in time to warm up for the specific event of the athlete; details of individual race start times have been publicised.
4. Depart as soon as possible after the athlete has completed competing and warming down. Those teams which finish in the first three in each race are asked to wait for the presentation prior to departure.
5. Maintain social distancing wherever possible throughout the event.
6. Wear a face mask if in a confined space (such as a tent or marquee) for any length of time.
7. Ensure that they sanitize their hands regularly and particularly when using the toilet facilities.